Friday, February 10, 2017

Plans For This Project



I have been fascinated by politics for as long as I can remember. Most recently, I have had an especially significant interest in election law and election systems. 

Everything about how an election is run: the timing, the party system, even the weather, affects the outcome. After reading David Daley’s book, Ratf**ked, I realized that redistricting was the ultimate example of this phenomenon. That drove me to embark upon this project: Fair Redistricting: Preventing Partisan and Racial Gerrymandering in the United States.

Over the next few months, I hope to investigate redistricting from several angles. I will study the legal history of American redistricting, as well as the various political philosophies that underpin redistricting laws. This will lead into a study of current redistricting systems, including the laws behind them and the abuses of politicians. The end goal will be to analyze proposed reforms and methods of implementation.

If you would like to follow along with my progress in this investigation, click the link below to subscribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment